Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ancient Peaks / White Label ... Classic, Smart, and Elegant...

This blog is not about a constant slamming of vineyards and their product(s). As a consumer I get annoyed with the lazy art direction on good bottles of wine. Believe me they are out there. I am not a wine snob. I know what I like though. I am a design art snob. I know what I like and I know what I hate when it comes to design. I imagine as this blog continues there will be people that will completely disagree with me. Please!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Post:



This is the Ancient Peaks White Label that features: a Malbec, Petit Verdot, Oyster Ridge, Petit Syrah.
All great wines in varying degrees. I am not here to get into a wine tasting critique. I created this blog to discuss wine labels. Personally the Ancient Peaks company have put a lot of consideration, focus, and deliberate, yet, safe designs. They work well. The examples above are a nice egg shell, muted white blotter looking complete with tear and embossed logo and lettering. Very classic, subdued, and elegant. The bonus plus with this company is that their wine is wonderful. Their branding and design is simple, and elegant. Moreover accomplishing, in my opinion, what they set out to do. They mean business and they deliver on their First Impresshun to the gullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment